Monday, June 21, 2010

You are out of this world Grad



Hello Everyone! This card and cookie box was made for my friend's son, who just graduated from the 5th grade. It was a big day for him. I used this cute little Robot image from Tiddly Inks. Christy (the owner) gave this robot digi with an accompanying  box digi for free last week. I printed the gift box image on a 8x12 paper to make the cookie box. I wanted to give it that wrapping paper effect. From the robot image I cut off the balloons and transferred them in to the inside of the card. I then replaced the balloons with the saying "You are out of this world..."

(L-R): Front of the card-Inside of card

I'm pleased with the way the card and box came out but I get a feeling that I could have done more to it. I think I stopped myself from going over board because he is an 11 year old boy that will just throw away the card and rip open the box as soon as he sees it. Those are boys for you. lol. 
Thanks for stopping by/commenting

I'm submitting this little combo set to the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks - Bleep, Bleep, Boys and Their Robots

5 comments:

Lissa said...

This is so sweet!!! I bet he loved getting the cookie! You did it just right! Any boy would've opened it right away and trashed the rest...

Thanks for playing with the Tiddly Inkers this week! I hope to see you again next week!

HUGS!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Totally cool project. :) I love it! You did a lot of work and I know his mom will love it even if he doesn't get how much work that was. :)
Very sweet idea and gift. :)

XOXO
Christy

Robin McK said...

Fabulous creation for the InStyle Stamps Challenge! This would be a fantastic card for a male!!! Thanks for playing along!

Kerry said...

What a great little project, the robot is awesome! Thanks for joining us at InStyle! :)

Angélique said...

This is so sweet! Love your creation!
Thanks for joining us at Instyle Stamps :)