Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mickey Mouse Cookie

The cookie packaged up with its tags.

Closeup of the chocolate chip cookie.
 A mold I bought at Disneyland was used to get this shape.


 

Tag: Several Prismacolors were used to get this effect. 

Happy Sunday! and Happy 10-10-10!! I hope that everyone is enjoying themselves today. I recently found out that October is National Bake Month. Now I don't know about you but I don't really need a specific month to celebrate pastries. I looooooove all the sweet yumminess. My favorite cupcakes come from Sprinkles Bakery and my favorite cafe/bakery is Portos, a Cuban Southern California cafe. Many people love that bakery that to get any type of pastries during the holiday season, you must order them in advance. Its mayhem but very much worth it).

OK so onto my project... I recently went to Disneyland and I was inspired by their Halloween Time event. I'm not a huge Mickey Mouse fan but every time I go to Disneyland, I become enthralled by it all. I especially love their apples of the month and all their sweet goodies that bare a mickey mouse head or look like they came from Wonderland or the 100 Acre Forest. I decided that instead of spending $4 per cookie I would bake my own to give to my nieces as little Halloween treats.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope I've inspired you to create your own Halloween goodness.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

All I can say is ADORABLE!!!!

scrappin2babygirls said...

WOW I love all of this.. (big mickey fan) I even have the mickey cookie cutter.. I LOVE the pumpkin mickey.. hes just so cute! thanks for sharing!

BrendaB said...

Wow! Your idea is as good or better than anything I've seen at Disney! Glad you took the FCCB challenge this week!

Melissa said...

You did a fantastic job! I love my Mickey cookie cutter and do not need a special occassion or excuse to bake them! Yummmmm Your tags are adorable!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

That is really cute. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

Glora said...

I LOVE this! That Mickey pumpkin came out ADORABLE!!! Great job!

Charlotte said...

The Mickey Mouse pumpkin head is hilarious! I absolutely adore it. You and your markers did a perfect job!!!
Love it.
Charlotte

Georgiana said...

These are wonderful! We just went to Disney World and I had to buy the Mickey Rice Krispie. They are so irresistable!

Great projects,
Georgiana

Janice W. said...

That pumpkin Mickey made me laugh out loud! Adorable projects! Thanks for joining the PKS challenge!