Sunday, April 24, 2011

'Hatter' meet Timmy

Happy Easter all. I hope you all had a good day spending it with your loved ones and gorging on chocolate. Mmmmmm. Tell me, whats equally as good as Ressess Peanut Butter cups? Anybody?? ummmm, Peanut Butter M&Ms. Oh wow!!! Ok, now I want some. I'm going for my goody basket. hehee.

Quickly Id like to share with you a Wonderland card I created. In case you don't know by now, I'm a huge fan of all Alice. Everything about it I find magical, beautiful and mesmerizing. So I wanted to create a shape card using the Hatter's hat and distress it to no end. I recently got some distress inks (which by the way I'm loving) and I used it to add to the edges of the whole card. 
I know I'm soooo behind on loving his distress ink pads but what can I say, but I'm guilty of being a novice. lol.   

r I thought it would look cute to add Alice to his top, just like in the movie scene where she is tiny and Hatter puts her on his hat to throw her across the lake. I used a special edition Anya Alice stamp from the Greeting Farm. I stamped her with Distressed Ink and then shaded her in with my Prisma. I'm playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show - Tim Holtz Technique.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Love how you used the edge distresser and ink on this card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Melissa said...

This card is gorgeous!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Erika Valdez said...

I love love love it!!!! OMG did I mention that I love it lol!!

Wow it it awesome Jess!!

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE the Hatter's Hat! I do not have a cutting machine. Is the hat shape with all the details a cut file? LOVE the shape! The patterns and colors are great, and Alice on the hat band is a fun touch, LOL!