Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Clean and Simple, part Une

Please scroll down for my SBS Rio Preview Post

Sasha (Creepin Kit) from The Greeting Farm
A2 size

Hello Scrappy Friends. I hope you are enjoying your day so far. Ok, raise your hand if you feel you spend a lot of time on a card. (Insert me raising my hand, lol). When I began making cards, I didn't know better. hehehe. I had that beginner style and I didn't care for ribbon, flowers or any type of embellishments but with time that all passed. And so my love of embellishments grew and my card making time grew a wee bit out of control. So I began wanting to try to make quick cards. I was always amazed, still am, that all these gals were cranking out these amazing cards rather quickly. So I think its to time to go back and re-evaluate my methods. Once I do that and find my niche, I believe I will my win my inner card making battle (which I'm currently losing).

But in the meantime, I've decided to try to alternate in creating heavily embellished/paper cards and clean and simple cards. As much as I love this clean look, I also love the other kind as well and I don't want to give it up completely. 

Ive also decided to do a series of different CAS cards with my Creeper Crew Creeping Kit. This way I get to play with my kit and find my path to simple gorgeous cards. hehehe. So I hope you come back to check out my series. There will be 7 in total (as there is 7 cute creepers), this one being #1.

Thanks for stopping by/commenting!

I will be playing along:
Wee Memories - Stamp Something. A Spoon Full of Sugar - Things with Wings. Lily Pad - Embossing (I used dry embossing). I was inspired by Peachy Keen Stamps - Sketch 52. I moved a few of the elements around but they are all there. 
Ps. Don't forget to check out Simply Betty Stamps and The Altered Alice

4 comments:

Niinu said...

I like this clean&simple-style:)
And she is cute(can I say this?!) althought she is so black-dressed...

uksharon said...

Cute card. Like the clean and simple style works well.
Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Janice W. said...

This post made me chuckle, as I was struggling with the same thing. If you check out my card for today's PK challenge, you will see what I mean. I think you did a great job with your card by adding texture for visual interest. Thanks for joining the PK challenge!

Anonymous said...

Black and white color is looking so beautiful your posted card is beautifully designed...
Plastic cards
Plastic card printing