Sunday, June 5, 2011

Simply Sunday: Vintage

** Click the link to join the MAD TEA PARTY, Altered Alice Style**

Hi Scrappy Friends. I am here today with my first Simply Sunday Challenge for Getting Cricky. I am very happy to be part of Kristal's team. She is an amazing person and kind spirit to be around that of course I would want to be on her team. Ok, enough of the mushy stuff. Lol.  


We are here today to kick off Team B's debut challenge. This week's challenge is Vintage Appeal. Now I feel as I may be missing some lace or something but I think the idea of Vintage has changed from what it once was. And we need to thank Mr. Timmy for that because now Vintage isn't just an outdated notion but a touch of old with a modern and distressed look (at least it is for me).

I created a tag bookmark (I just love this shape) using one of my favorite, if not The Favorite, Tickled Pink Stamps. This Gorgeous! bad ass gal is Victorian Steampunk Lilith. She looks like she is ready to take on anything and kick some major ---. hehehe. I just Love that about her!!

So now its your turn to come up with your Vintage funkied version. I cant wait to see them!! 

I will be playing with:
Tickled Pinks Stamps- Anything Goes and the TPS FB Group Challenge.
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Favorite Stamp

Thanks for stopping by/commenting!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

wowo!! The tag is awesome! i love the colors of this! wowo.. now i have to try to funktify my vintage take on things!

Kathy
Getting Cricky DTM
www.scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

What a great tag, love the colors. Great Vintage look! Have a great week girl!
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Scrappymama Elaine said...

Ok so this chick has some major tude! You are right vintage with a twist. Love it!

Your Getting Cricky DT sister
Elaine

Unknown said...

This is really super cool. I love this look and you are right, she just looks like she can handle her own. Great job.
Hugs
Brenda Getting Cricky DTM-Coordinator
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Squirlygirl said...

Jess your book tag is soooo cool! You must be one very patient lady, I love images like this but I don't have the patients to sit and color them... You did a FABulous job!
~Hugs~
Becky your fellow DT sister
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Lou Mac said...

Your colouring is awesome! I love the shape of this tag and the addition of the Eiffel Tower and 'Paris'. Soo cool!!

Thanks for joining us over at TPS for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge this week. Good luck.

xo Lou Mac ~ Guest Designer.

Erika Valdez said...

Awesome Jess!! I love it! No you are not missing lace or something lol I feel the same way about the idea of vintage! I love that image you used, it definatly has that old world charm!! I am so excited to be your DT sis!!

Lots of Love,
Erika

Crafting Misfit said...

Sassy and chic... I love it :) Great use of color!

Rebecca :)

Lynne Forsythe said...

JESS......this is FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! nothing more needs to be said!!

thanks bunches for playin' along with the TEAMIES of SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW!!!

scrapperbecka said...

Jess- awesome tag. I love the digital stamp you used and the colors. Great job
Rebecca M
Getting Cricky DTM

Regan said...

Hi, Jess! This is fantastique! Love the shape of your tag and the Eiffel Tower is a fabulous addition! Amazing coloring too! Thanks for playing along @ TPSC for "Anything Goes"!
Regan ~ Guest Designer TPSC

Sandie said...

This just rocks my world!!! Amazing, wonderful, fabulous creation!!

Thank you so much for joining us on Tickled Pink Challenges and good luck. xx

Jeanette Wallén said...

This is so cool! I love it!!

Thanks for playing with us at TPSC! :D

/ Jeanette