Friday, September 30, 2011

Red, Black and (Slimey) Green

Happy Friday! We are back with another challenge over at Crafty Sprouts. This time around is a Color Challenge: Using Red, Green and/or Black. You do not need to use all 3 (minimum 2) but we would love to see you challenge yourself and use all 3 of them. Plus, the prize is pretty awesome so make sure you get to play along :)

Sentiment: Let's Go Blog Hopping from Crafty Sprouts

I opted to do a non-Halloween project - that was a challenge in itself (lol), especially considering my cute image - but I think I made it work. Remember, always try to see your images from different angles ;)  I'm also trying to teach myself a new coloring technique that was inspired by the fabulous Emily, Bean and Scraps. I like to call this technique, an effortless technique that I think looks great but doesn't take as long as my usual time or it doesn't take a toll on my wrist. However, I still have some practicing to do because, believe it or not, I spent almost as much time on this had I actually just colored in my usual style. I think I just fuss over my images too much. Lol!

Who's that absolute cutie gracing my card? I'm glad you asked :) She is one of the new "Bettys" from Simply Betty Stamps. Her name is Pumpkin Mickey Hat Betty and she is being sold as a digi, for a limited time only. She is also being offered as a freebie with the purchase of all 7 new Burton Chibi digis or 4 Burton Chibi Clear Stamps. If you haven't seen the new Burton Chibis, click HERE to see how awesome they are.

I used the Deconstructed Sketch 21. If I'm not mistaken the sketch was considered CAS, well I took that concept and ran with it. Lol. I'm also submitting to Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes.
Don't forget to hop on over to Crafty Sprouts to leave her and my Crafty Sisters some bloggy love!
Thanks for stopping by/commenting.

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Jess~
Love this cute card... lots of great colors choices and such a cutie image... perfect detailing...
Have a crafty weekend!

jessica said...

What a super cool card! Love the image and the sketch!
TFS

Erika Valdez said...

This is such an awesome card Jess I am in awe of it!! You are really awesome!! Thank you so much for being on my DT!!

Lots of Love,
Erika

Gloria said...

She certainly is a cutie.

I love your comment about seeing your image from different angles.

At first quick glance I wasn't seeing her skirt as a skirt and I hate to admit what I thought but when I read your comment I just about fell off my chair laughing at myself. :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring here!!! Great job as always!